Friday, March 29, 2013

PROVO

Brett and I moved down to Provo in December. This has been such a big adjustment for us all. We have to learn to make friends again! haha. We have enjoyed the change in scenery but at the same time I do miss my Rexburg. I would live there all over again if I could. I am starting to like Provo. A great thing I like about Provo is that they have tons of trails, canyons, and new terrain. Its amazing how many people rock climb out here. Brett and I can't wait til it gets warm enough to go camping and ride our bikes!

Brett however is LOVING this new city. I think it is because he is part of the Flight Program at UVU. He loves every part of that program. He talks my ear off about it. Its so cute to see him so excited! He has made a lot of great friends who are all in the program with him. He also got hired at the Provo Airport as a dispatcher. He never wants to leave work because in his own words "Brighton, I get to watch the airplanes all day!!" He couldn't be happier. I'm very relived that he loves what hes doing because he is going to be working hard the rest of his life. haha.

Brett also decided to join a fraternity. This frat is an aviation fraternity. They get together every other week to talk about aviation. They have guest speakers from different airlines, go on field trips, talk about job opportunities, but most importantly they focus on networking.

I love that about this frat. We have already gotten so many connections. Brett has met someone that offered to take him on a cross country flight and he can be second in command. This means that Brett gets to log all those hours of turbine time.

Brett against my own will set up a intro flight with the department for me. An intro flight is going to allow me to fly a plane with an instructor! I'm so nervous! I'm not sure how I feel about it yet but Brett can't stand the fact that I can't relate to his field too much. Wish me luck!

Anyways, things have been going well for us. We love being close to family. We had family in Rexburg but its nice to see some extended family too. We've been able to hang out with Brooke and Colton. We were also able to see my Grandma before she left her mission in Hawaii. We're also super excited to see Jared (Brett's Brother) he is coming home from his mission at the end of May! We can't wait to have him around! (I can't wait to finally meet the kid!)

I'm currently working at Thrive Life (formally known as Shelf Reliance). Its a good job. I love my coworkers. If you ever need help with building your food storage this company has got it made! I've already started building mine. I'm grateful to be a part of a company that is helping my little family out so much!

Anyways there is a little update of what is happening in our life!!! :) I'll put up pictures later!



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're back on the Internet and blogging again! You know that Brett comes by all this flying stuff naturally...he's the 4th generation of Brooksby fliers. I hope we'll see you guys at Ben's wedding or reception in May!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete